Join the EDL Board!
Interested in a volunteer opportunity to serve on the Economic Development Lethbridge Board of Directors? We're looking for board members with expertise in the following sectors:
- Financial & Professional Services
- Regional Economic Development Agencies
- Health & Wellness
- Young Professional
- Young Entrepreneur
In 2019, Board members provided guidance and leadership on many important initiatives including the launch of the Lethbridge: Brighter Together community brand, feedback on development of Canada's Premier Food Corridor and the Team Lethbridge mission to Edmonton to advocate on behalf of Lethbridge. Board members also contribute to the local entrepreneur community through mentorship and network opportunities connected to the Tecconnect centre for entrepreneurship and innovation. On occasion, Board members may attend conferences and participate in global volunteer missions related to their industry experience and expertise. Board members serve a two-year term with the option to extend their service for a second term as re-appointed by the Board.
As a Board member you will need to:
- participate in Board meetings (2 hours) scheduled for the third Wednesday of each month
- consider joining one of the 4 sub-committees of the Board
- attend and support EDL events when possible
- serve as ambassadors of Economic Development Lethbridge
Interested candidates can submit their resume and a cover letter describing their interest in serving on the EDL Board by January 24, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Board
Economic Development Lethbridge is an arm’s length organization, supported by the City of Lethbridge, governed by a 25-member volunteer Board of Directors and managed by a team of professionals dedicated to promoting economic prosperity in Lethbridge. EDL Board Members are drawn from a diverse cross-section of the community with the intention of best accomplishing the mandate and objectives of the organization.
As a governance Board, members are tasked with:
- setting the strategic direction for the organization through four-year business plans aligned with the municipal funding cycle
- providing direction, proactive leadership and sector-based expertise
- establishing governance policies that support the mandate of the organization
- hiring and evaluating the CEO
Meet Our Board
Did You Know?
Lethbridge placed 4th for sunniest summer in Canada.