Interested in a volunteer opportunity to serve on the Economic Development Lethbridge Board of Directors?
We are looking for a board member with expertise in the retail sector.
As a Board member you are required to:
- participate in Board meetings (2 hours) scheduled for the third Wednesday of each month
- consider joining one of the 4 sub-committees of the Board
- attend and support EDL events when possible
- serve as ambassadors of Economic Development Lethbridge
About the Board
Economic Development Lethbridge is an arm’s length organization, supported by the City of Lethbridge, governed by a 25-member volunteer Board of Directors and managed by a team of professionals dedicated to promoting economic prosperity in Lethbridge. EDL Board Members are drawn from a diverse cross-section of the community with the intention of best accomplishing the mandate and objectives of the organization.
As a governance Board, members are tasked with:
- setting the strategic direction for the organization through four-year business plans aligned with the municipal funding cycle
- providing direction, proactive leadership and sector-based expertise
- establishing governance policies that support the mandate of the organization
- hiring and evaluating the CEO
Meet Our Board
Did You Know?
Lethbridge is one of the highest Ph.D. per capita cities with a population less than 250,000 in Canada.