Unique opportunity for area artisans
Lethbridge - Economic Development Lethbridge is seeking an artisan to design and create a custom gift that represents the Lethbridge region. The gift will initially be used to present to foreign dignitaries when a delegation of Lethbridge and Lethbridge County government officials travel abroad on international relations and trade missions and when foreign dignitaries are visiting our community. This custom piece, while reflecting the spirit, culture and history of the area, must also be designed with an awareness of the profile level in which this gift will be exchanged.
The following outlines the desired elements and physical characteristics:
- Easily and proudly displayed in an office or boardroom in a fashion that is transportable and in a box or case befitting the quality and caliber of the gift for a foreign dignitary (i.e. locally made packaging)
- Inclusion of representative symbols such as (but not limited to): Ammolite, High Level Bridge, Wheat, Coal Miners, Cattle, First Nations Symbolism as sanctioned by the Blood Tribe, Mountains, Rivers, etc. and includes the opportunity to add customized plaques to tailor the gift to the occasion
- Ability to produce the gift multiple times as needed throughout the year (anticipate requiring 6-10 per year)
- Representative of the outstanding craftsmanship and exemplary artistry of southern Alberta
- Price per unit must not exceed $200
The deadline to express interest is Friday, December 16, 2016. Please note that 6 completed gifts, upon design approval, must be completed by February 10, 2017.
For more information, contact:
Director of Business Development & Operations
Economic Development Lethbridge