Presenters named for second Ignite YQL event
Lethbridge, Alberta – Ten locals have been selected to inspire the audience with their ideas on community-building as part of the second ever Ignite YQL event, presented by Economic Development Lethbridge with support from RBC.
Ignite talks are short presentations intended to challenge the presenter and inspire the audience. Presenters get 20 slides, which automatically advance every 15 seconds. The result is a fast-paced, high energy presentation which lasts just 5 minutes.
Featured presenters and their topics are:
- Lisa Skierka: Spotlight on Equality
- Jessica Bermel: Building Community After University
- Ammar Shahid: Neighbourhoods, Integration and your Tastebuds!
- Colin Moreland: Lethbridge Sports: A Local Lens
- Peter Imhof: Prevention: A Different Perspective on the Opioid Crisis
- Clive Abbott: I came for two years and stayed for 25. I love this city.
- Chris Rabl: The Experiential Prototype City of Today
- Andrea Sandul: Why Lethbridge is Awesome!
- Kris Hodgson: The Future of Learning
- Allan Friesen: Investing (not donating) in your Community
“We’re excited to see what this year’s Ignite has to offer in terms of stories and ideas for building a brighter community,” said EDL CEO Trevor Lewington. “This lineup showcases the passion people have for Lethbridge and I’m looking forward to seeing them bring that energy to the room.”
“Ignite is an exciting and challenging way to share information,” Mark Brown, Regional Vice President at RBC Royal Bank. “I’m confident that this year’s Ignite lineup will impress and have a positive impact again.”
This year’s Ignite YQL takes place at the ENMAX Centre on, October 24 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets ($15/person) visit chooselethbridge.ca/IgniteYQL.
For more information, contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Economic Development Lethbridge