Entrepreneurial Business Development Advisor
1-year contract with the possibility of extension
This 1-year term-definite position is responsible for supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs in identifying and navigating potential mentoring and funding programs. This includes providing guidance, facilitating industry connections, identifying appropriate business support services and assisting with funding applications.
The Business Development Advisor will:
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and be able to transfer this knowledge to help entrepreneurs and small business owners be successful.
- Play a critical role in identifying applicable information, from multiple sources, to synthesize and share relevant points in a timely fashion.
- Thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment adapting to the current needs of clients.
- Have an ability to work flexible hours understanding the time-demands faced by start-up businesses.
- Excel as a communicator and have an ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders including clients, funders and all levels of government.
Applicants will preferably have a degree in Business, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and entrepreneurship (minimum five years of experience) will also be considered. An understanding of government and organizational programs/supports and regulations affecting small business in Alberta and Canada will be critical to this role. Knowledge of angel/VC investing would be an asset.
This can be a negotiated as a fee-for-service contract or employee position for up to 3 days/22.5 hours per week. Please provide a contract proposal or salary expectations in the cover letter. Interested candidates may submit their proposal/resume and cover letter in confidence by Monday July 24 by 4:00 p.m. to:
Renae Barlow, VP Entrepreneurship & Innovation
This position is located at the Tecconnect centre for entrepreneurship and innovation (3582 30 Street North). This 1 year contract has an anticipated start date of August 28, 2017 with possibility of extension.
Did You Know?
The $12 million, 2000-seat University of Lethbridge Community Sports Stadium opened on the University of Lethbridge campus in 2009.