Entrepreneur Program Manager (12 month contract)
Economic Development Lethbridge
This term-definite position is accountable for the coordination and execution of specific program deliverables at the Tecconnect centre for entrepreneurship and innovation. This includes the development and launch of an entrepreneurial co-working space as well as building and supporting an entrepreneurial advisor network to deliver entrepreneurial training programs with a focus on startups and early stage companies.
The program manger will:
- Provide quick and easy access to resources that enhance success for startups and early stage entrepreneurs
- Recruit and support paid advisors to engage with entrepreneurs
- Facilitate the development of proposals for sustainable funding of entrepreneurial programs
- Ensure position deliverables are achieved in a timely and efficient manner
- Work with the Regional Innovation Network of Southern Alberta (RINSA) stakeholders to ensure delivery of inclusive entrepreneurship programs
- Actively promote programs and services through local partners, presentations and social media
- Track, maintain and regularly report metrics
Applicants will preferably have a post-secondary credential in a related field with demonstrated knowledge of early stage business development and funding of start-up companies. A combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered. An understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Alberta, demonstrated organization and communication skills and experience with social media are critical to this role.
Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2017.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Renae Barlow, VP Entrepreneurship & Innovation
For more information, contact Renae at 403-332-6021.
This position has a salary range of $49,000 - $59,000 depending on education and experience.
Did You Know?
The $12 million, 2000-seat University of Lethbridge Community Sports Stadium opened on the University of Lethbridge campus in 2009.